This policy relates to PerformHR’s collection and handling of personal information that is covered by the Privacy Act and the GDPR. It is not intended to cover categories of personal information that are not covered by the Privacy Act or the GDPR.
Collection of personal information
PerformHR collects and holds personal information from clients, customers, employees, contractors and other individuals. We collect and hold this information when it is necessary for business purposes. The main types of personal information PerformHR collects and holds relate to the contact details and organisational roles of our clients, suppliers and other business contacts. Typically, this information includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and job titles. In the course of providing professional services to our clients, we may collect and hold more detailed personal information. We collect most information directly from individuals when we deal with them. The personal information we collect may be provided in forms filled out by individuals, face to face meetings, email messages, telephone conversations or by third parties. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact. Because of the nature of our business, it is generally impracticable for us to deal with individuals on an anonymous basis or through the use of a pseudonym, although sometimes this is possible (for example, when seeking staff or client feedback generally).
Use of personal information
- to provide our services;
- to respond to an individual’s request;
- to maintain contact with clients;
- to keep clients and other contacts informed of the services we offer and industry developments that may be of interest to them, and to notify them of service offerings, seminars and other events we are holding;
- for general management and reporting purposes, such as invoicing and account management;
- for recruitment purposes;
- for purposes related to the employment of our personnel and providing internal services to our staff; and
other purposes related to our business.
If you choose not to provide us with personal information, we may be unable to do such things.
We may collect, hold and use personal information about individuals to market our services, including by email. However, individuals always have the opportunity to elect not to receive further marketing information from us by emailing us at email@example.com. Please allow 28 days for your request to be processed.
Alternatively, if we have contacted you by email, you may use the unsubscribe function in that email to notify us that you do not want to receive further marketing information from us by email.
If we collect, hold or use personal information in ways other than as stated in this policy, we will ensure we do so pursuant to the requirements of the Privacy Act and the GDPR.
Employee records are not generally subject to the Privacy Act and therefore this policy may not apply to the handling of information about employees by PerformHR. For information about our practices relating to employee information, please contact us directly.
Disclosure of personal information
PerformHR does not routinely disclose personal information to other organisations unless:
use or disclosure is permitted by this policy;
some or all of the assets or operations of PerformHR are or may be transferred to another party as part of the sale of some or all of PerformHR’ business;
you give your consent; or
- such disclosure is otherwise required or permitted by law, regulation, rule or professional standard.
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public or a customer of PerformHR or the interests of PerformHR;
- we believe it is necessary to provide you with a product or service which you have requested (or, in the case of a partner, employee or contractor of PerformHR, it is necessary for maintaining or related to your role at PerformHR);
- We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes. Except as set out in this policy, we do not sell to or trade personal information with third parties.
- PerformHR uses a range of service providers to help us maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations (including internal business requirements, such as recruitment and human capital requirements).
- This means that individuals and organisations outside of PerformHR will sometimes have access to personal information held by PerformHR and may collect or use it from or on behalf of PerformHR. This may include but is not limited to, independent contractors and consultants, travel service providers, mail houses, information technology providers, event managers, credit managers and debt collecting agencies. We require our service providers to adhere to our privacy guidelines and not to keep, use or disclose personal information we provide to them for any unauthorised purposes.
- If PerformHR’ staff obtain products or services offered by a third party pursuant to an agreement or arrangement between that third party and PerformHR, such as a credit card provider, we may provide your personal information to that third party, including information that relates to your use of such services.
Privacy on our website
This policy also applies to any personal information we collect via our website www.performHR.com.au, and applications including mobile applications. In addition to the personal information you provide to us directly (such as where you make a request or complete a registration form), PerformHR may also collect personal information from you via its applications and websites.
If you are concerned about cookies, most browsers recognise when a cookie is offered and permit you to opt-out of receiving it. If you are not sure whether your browser has this capability, you should check with the software manufacturer or your internet service provider. In most cases, you can refuse a cookie and still fully navigate the PerformHR websites.
In order to properly manage our website and applications, we may log certain statistics about the users of the facilities, for example, the users’ domains and browser types. None of this information specifically identifies an individual and it is used solely to ensure that our websites and applications present the best possible navigational experience for users.
Security of personal information
Depending on the purpose for which we have collected personal information (for example, registration for a PerformHR event or a request for particular information or material), we may store some of the information electronically in PerformHR’s customer relationship management (CRM) system. Some or all of this personal information may be available to partners and authorised the staff of PerformHR for use in accordance with this policy.
PerformHR will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, whether electronically or in hard-copy, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. We also require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by PerformHR.
PerformHR aims to achieve industry best practice in the security of personal information which it holds. It is our policy not to retain personal information once there is no longer a legal or business need for us to do so.
Access to information
We will provide access to personal information upon request by an individual, except in the limited circumstances in which it is permitted for us to withhold this information (for instance, where granting access would infringe another person’s privacy).
When you make a request to access personal information, we will require you to provide some form of identification (such as a driver’s licence or passport) so we can verify that you are the person to whom the information relates. In some cases, we may also request an administrative fee to cover the cost of access.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you may contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corrections and concerns
If you believe that information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, or if you have concerns about how we are handling your personal information, please contact us and we will try to resolve those concerns.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to delete it (unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons).
Effect of policy
- PerformHR operates in a dynamic business environment and we aim to review this policy annually to keep it current.
- The amended policy will apply between us even though we have given you specific notice of any change.
Last Updated May, 25, 2018
PerformHR (ABN 98 132 486) and any entity owned or controlled by PerformHR (together ‘PerformHR’) reserves all rights in relation to the copyright of any and all material, including but not limited to pages, documents (including blogs, resources and articles), graphics, audio and video, that are contained on this site. Except for any fair dealings for the purpose of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under state or federal copyright legislation, no part may be reproduced or re-used for any purpose without the specific written permission of PerformHR.